Tuesday, March 4, 2008

March 4 - I'd rather be fat then cry myself to sleep at night.

I was supposed to begin teaching the adults today but they completely forgot and after waiting 30 minutes I went down to ask if they were coming and they had already started their work day, so I will begin with them tomorrow instead.

I taught both of our girls vocabulary and grammar today. We played a domino game to practice phrases that contained “just.” One of them found it much easier than the other.

I spent a lot of time today working on the video Misty and I are making for equity. We hope to send it home by the end of the week so our class can view it next week during their last class. So far it looks good guys.

We finally have clean laundry. One of the women from work takes it home and does it for us, and brings it back to work clean. This is one of our small luxuries.

Another luxury…Tylenol cold! I found a trusted pharmacist at the local Carrefour. 15 baht for a package of Tylenol cold. It was kind of weird though that he recommended that he sell me some antibiotics because the symptoms sounded more like an infection than a cold. Ya…no thanks.

We walked to Tesco this afternoon and stocked up on some groceries. We got so much stuff we decided to take a taxi home.
- 24 cans of Coke
- 2 huge jugs of water
- 1 pineapple
- 5 dvds for burning pictures
- 6 apples
- 4 oranges
- 1 chocolate bar
- 1 bag of peanuts (I was thinking of you dad)
- A huge kitchen knife (for the pineapple of course)
- 2 glasses (Misty said I could pick them out as it is our first dish set..)
- 1 spoon and fork set (Mine some how got misplaced after the dishes were washed)
- Dish soap
- 1 loaf of bread
- 1 jug of milk
- Dish sponge
- 1 box of popcorn
Grand Total: $26 CDN…Glorious.
Misty felt that these groceries were a must; “I’d rather be fat than cry myself to sleep at night.”

We decided that after our big shopping experience we should take a cab back. The taxi driver had a stereo system in his car so we had a impromptu dance party on the way home, it was pretty exciting. The little things in Klong Toey make me smile.

Tomorrow I start teaching the recreation class. Should be exciting. Should also be quite interesting to do in this heat.

Well I am off for now, in home movie night tonight. We are going to permanently borrow Si Jie’s mini fridge, if we can figure out a way to get it out of the window. I hope everything is going okay at home with the new system mom and dad. Don’t worry I am thinking of you as I sit here and eat my peanuts. Dad these are worth flying over here for.

No comments: