Saturday, May 31, 2008

Drinks and Dancing = good night

Wednesday May 28, 2008

Last night we decided to change up our boring night time routine and head out to Dubliner’s for ladies night. Cedric decided to join us. He is a volunteer from France, working at one of the local Mercy preschools. We agreed to meet around 8pm. We arrived and could not find Cedric so we sat at a table close to the window and waited. He called and said he was on his way but that he already ate, so we should go ahead and order. I ordered half a chicken, mashed potatoes and an assortment of vegetables. Don’t worry I did not eat all of it alone.

We called Cedric from another phone, and found out he was close, but he was waiting at the BTS station for the pouring rain to stop. We already waited a long time, and it was raining for a while and did not look like it was going to slow down any time soon. SiJie asked for an umbrella from the staff and I braved the rain to be a knight in shining armor and go get him. I wasn’t much of a knight considering I could not figure out how to keep the umbrella up without holding the top of it. Finally when I thought I had it all figured out I walked until a rain gutter and the pressure of the water made it buckle around me. I got soaked.

We arrived back at the bar. We chatted for a few minutes and then Chris, an old friend we met there, came in. I don’t know if you remember but he was the Aussie who works here in Phuket. We stayed at the Dubliner until it closed and then we went to RCA to finish off the evening with some more drinks and dancing. We got home around 2:30 am.

No comments: