Tuesday, April 1, 2008

"There goes a f*ckin Elephant!" - Chris

Hello Faithful Readers,

It is now 6 am and I just got out of the shower. I am anticipating that today is going to be one the longest days ever as we start teaching the sea gypsie children, which means we will literally be teaching from 8 am to 6 pm.

We were also not very smart in our planning and decided we should go to the Dubliner for a nice refreshing drink last night to talk about our weekend with SiJie and make plans for the upcoming week. Well we really went there because we knew Lee Shamrock was playing again. The band reunited people, and we sound like we are ready to make a recording.

I would also like to announce to Marco, Skylor, and Laura that I am one step closer in meeting the Australian Doctor. Last night I had a great conversation with an Australian who has been working in Thailand (Phuket) for the past couple of years drilling for a pipeline in remote areas. He is flying to Australia today for a few weeks vacation. He was also celebrating his birthday, so Happy Birthday Chris! (If you are reading this).

It was the funniest thing last night. Bangkok and the southern part of Thailand have as many differences as similarities. As we were sitting around a table talking, Chris was facing the window and an elephant walked by. We are used to seeing it but I think first he saw that it was an elephant and then realized we were right smack downtown Bangkok and he just pointed to the window and said “There goes a f*cking ELEPHANT!!!” It was priceless, I wish I would have had that one on tape. I think we all laughed about it for a good minute or two.

An amazing thing happened last night, when we arrived home I went to shut my computer off and all of these msn messages were flashing! Sometime while we are out my laptop picked up a signal somewhere, long enough for my msn to sign in. Pretty amazing I know, too bad I cannot get that signal back. L

That’s it for now. It is time to get ready for work!

No comments: